AFP: No easy fix for US newspaper industry
- Circulation is dropping, print advertising revenue is falling and readers are going online to get news for free, leaving the US newspaper industry awash in red ink and threatening some of the biggest names in journalism.
- “The business model that used to work at newspapers does not work any more,”
- The Los Angeles Times and other newspapers, seeking bankruptcy protection
Apple Announces Its Last Year at Macworld
- Apple® today announced that this year is the last year the company will exhibit at Macworld Expo
- Apple is reaching more people in more ways than ever before, so like many companies, trade shows have become a very minor part of how Apple reaches its customers. The increasing popularity of Apple’s Retail Stores, which more than 3.5 million people visit every week, and the Apple.com website enable Apple to directly reach more than a hundred million customers around the world in innovative new ways.